Teacher Training: Embedding Financial Justice in the Leaving Certificate Politics and Society Curriculum 23 November 2022
02 November 2022
Join us on Wednesday 23 November 2022 for a participatory and fun deep-dive into Global Citizenship Education (GCE) focusing on the Leaving Certificate Politics and Society Curriculum. This online resource workshop is designed to support Leaving Certificate Politics and Society teachers and explore themes of globalisation and sustainable development.
The training will provide an overview of the teaching resource, which can be used to create an entire module - or sections can be taken and incorporated into existing teaching plans. The focus of the resource is 'Strand 4' of the curriculum: Globalisation and Localisation, with links to each of the other three strands.
In delivering this teaching resource, we aim to:
• Examine the positive and negative aspects of globalisation ;
• Analyse the global financial system and power of the supranational bodies; and
• Support students to bring about change through their citizenship projects.
- Join us in person for Culture Night on Friday 22 September as we Tour Dublin's International Financial Services District
- Video Recording of 24th May Seminar: Get Over It! From Immobilising Information to Transformative Action
- Video Recording of 31st May Seminar: Getting beyond Growth, Colonialism, Extractivism with Prof. John Barry and Tatiana Roa Avendaño