We campaign for global debt and tax justice.
- LAUNCH: "We Can Solve It! A Financial Justice Ireland Resource for the Junior Certificate Mathematics Curriculum" Join us with Senator Lynn Ruane, Judi Mills (NUI, Maynooth) and resource author Aoife Kelly, to launch our new education resource, bringing a global and financial justice lense to the Junior Cert Mathematics Curriculum read full text →
- IMF WRITE-DOWNS MAKE UP ONLY 1% OF ALL LOW-INCOME COUNTRY DEBTS
Irish campaigners have welcomed the announcement by the IMF today that it will cancel $215 million of debt payments for 25 countries over the next six months due to the coronavirus pandemic, but say it falls short of what is required.
read full text →
- Take Action - Tell Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe to #DropDebtSaveLives
This week, governments will meet at the IMF and World Bank's annual Spring meetings. Debt is on the agenda, and the outcome will be a make or break moment for countries in the Global South tackling the Coronavirus.
Will you take action to tell the Irish government to #DropDebtSaveLives? read full text →
- Coronavirus: Call for debt cancellation for the Global South
The economic turmoil caused by coronavirus is pushing indebted countries deeper into crisis.
While millions are facing health and other impacts around the world, the economic impacts could spell disaster for countries in the global south. The cost of borrowing has gone up dramatically, and they are getting less money for products like copper and coffee, on which their economies depend.
We are calling on the Irish government to use its influence in the EU, the IMF and the World Bank, to;
Cancel all debt payments for countries suffering from the economic impacts of coronavirus, due in 2020.
Help countries in trouble to restructure their debt rather than bailing out lenders.
Ensure new finance, granted to tackle the coronavirus, does not create more debt. read full text →
- IMF write-downs make up only 1% of all low-income country debts 14 April 2020IMF write-downs make up only 1% of all low-income country ... Read more »
- Coronavirus: Cancel Global South Debts! 07 April 2020We're calling for debt cancellation of Global South countries to ... Read more »
- EXTENDED: We're hiring! Part-time Fixed-term Finance and Administration Officer 01 April 2020Financial Justice Ireland is looking for a part-time Finance and ... Read more »