Econo...wha? Introduction to Economic Justice Evening Course
19 February 2020 - 25 March 2020
'Econo...wha?' is a 6 week evening course designed for people who have an interest in learning more about economics from a global justice perspective.
The economic system we live in does not serve the majority of the people and it has brought the planet to crisis point in terms of environmental destruction and climate change. Many of us feel that economics is too complicated to understand, however we all participate in the economy in some way so we all have a right to have an opinion on economics.
Through the course we hope to uncover different perspectives on key economic concepts and explore topics including:
- The impact of financialistion
- Why do debt crises keep happening around the globe?
- The role of corporations in paying tax
- The challenge of economic growth versus environmental sustainability
- The link between the economy, inequality and well-being
- The role of citizens, communities and governments in creating economic alternatives that put people and the planet ahead of profit
The themes we’ll explore connect the experiences of people living in Ireland and Europe with people all over the world, and put the voices of communities in struggle, and social movement participants to the fore.
Wednesday 19th February, 6.30 - 8.30pm
Wednesday 26th February, 6.30 - 8.30pm
Wednesday 4th March, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Wednesday 11st March, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Wednesday 18th March, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Wednesday 25th April, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Tickets are on sale now here.
Please note: The ticket is for the entire 6 week course, not for individual sessions.
Carmelite Community Centre, Aungier Street, Dublin 2.